Your NBT test date is looming, are you prepared?
Every one of our NBT tutors has passed our tutor training programme with distinction and then excelled at our internal NBT subject tests. Our NBT tutors don’t just know the work, they know how to teach it.
Our programme is guided by a sophisticated diagnostic tool that identifies which of the 24 sub-sections in the NBT we need to focus on in order to achieve their goal.
Our NBT Students drastically improve their NBT scores.
YOUR NBT TUTORING NEEDS ARE ASSESSED ACCORDING TO:
- Student Profile; Study habits, routines, interests and learning style. This entails both an in-depth qualitative and detailed quantitative review of the student’s scholastic career up to that point.
- NBT Mock Exam and Diagnostics; Following the initial family interview, the student will write a full-length internal NBT skills assessment at our assessment centre. This exam is then carefully analysed to determine the specific subsections and question types to focus on. We also identify the types of mistake the student tends to make.
- Your Target; We review your APS and your target universities to determine what score you need to achieve in order to get into your university of choice.
Once we understand what your needs are, we create an action plan and send trained NBT Math and English tutors to get you up to speed on:
- NBT MAT (Math); After writing the NBT, 50% of students say there was math that they hadn’t yet learned in school. There is content and application that you need to learn. We have your back.
- NBT AL (Academic Literacy); The skills tested in the Academic Literacy sections are distinct from the skillset taught in CAPS, IEB and Cambridge English. We fill in the gaps.
- NBT QL (Quantitative Literacy); Quantitative Literacy is loosely aligned with Mathematical Literacy, you will need to be exposed to some unfamiliar concepts. We clue you in.
- NBT Test Taking Techniques; Getting a great score is about so much more than just knowing the content. We teach you test-taking tools, tricks and techniques designed to maximise your score in NBT.
Did you know? The NBT MAT in June is not the same as the NBT MAT towards the end of the year. The test covers different content at different periods of the year, and this is often substantially out of sync with IEB and Cambridge Schools – less so with CAPS schools.
Over the last 28 years, we are proud to have helped students get into universities such as:
- University of Cape Town
- University of Witwatersrand
- Stellenbosch University
- University of KwaZulu-Natal
- North West University
- University of Johannesburg
- University of Pretoria
- University of the Western Cape
And many others.
Do you want NBT experts on your team?
"While we were skeptical about investing so much money in a parallel academic programme over and above the fees we pay, Genius has proved to be the best investment we have ever made for our child."Read Full...
Tharina and Jaco HattinghParent
"Genius provided a total package that can be summed up in one word, exceptional. Marique handles the management of the task at hand with surgical precision and any attempt to put it into words cannot possibly express the commendation she deserves."Read Full...
"Thanks Genius for assisting me in my preparations for my SAT's. Seeing that it was a fairly tough task to prepare for the exams, I wouldn't have known where to start if it wasn't for Dean."Read Full...