Not in a Brick and Mortar school? We’ve got you covered.
We offer support, guidance and premium private tuition for students who are moving out of the mainstream or have always been on a home school, distance, or online learning platform.
Your needs are assessed:
- Student Profile; Study habits, routines, interests and learning style. This entails both an in-depth qualitative and detailed quantitative review of the student’s scholastic career up to that point.
- Mock Exam and Diagnostics; Following the initial family interview, the student will write skills-based assessments at the correct level in the target syllabus at our assessment centre. These exams are then carefully analysed to determine the specific subsections that the student either hasn’t yet learned effectively
Then we build a support programme:
- We select mentors from our team of tutors. It is crucial for a student to ‘like’ their tutor and look forward to the lessons.
- The trained tutors come to the house for high-impact one-on-one lessons where they actually teach the ideas and concepts.
- We set structured homework for the student to do in between lessons. When it comes to learning, practice is key.
- We use projects, experiments, and practical demonstrations to excite the student and pique their interest.
- We teach meta-academic skills such as time management, energy management, motivation, structure, examination techniques, study techniques and stress management.
- The student sits regular mock tests so that they can practice the skills under exam conditions, and we can monitor progress and increase their confidence.
- We provide administrative support and programme management to ensure that assignments and projects are handed in on time, and your child is on track.
- We supervise, guide and support the programme to ensure a great result.
“It takes a village to educate a child…”
JUST STARTING OUT?
We can help you select the syllabus and institution that best suits your child’s needs and future plans. There are many options when it comes to moving out of the mainstream, and as leaders in private education, we are here to help you navigate these waters.
ALREADY ON AN ONLINE OR HOME SCHOOL PROGRAMME?
We act as an academic bolt-on to your current system and curriculum. We provide structure, testing, and instruction in the target syllabus.
We are proud to have supported self-directed learning students, home school students and online learning students in syllabi and curricula such as the IEB, CAPS, Cambridge, GED, and American K12 Curriculum.
Do you want the experts on your team?
"While we were skeptical about investing so much money in a parallel academic programme over and above the fees we pay, Genius has proved to be the best investment we have ever made for our child."Read Full...
"The team brings relief, care, punctuality, responsiveness and true ability to do a fine job. The GEMS are fascinating and keep Shane stimulated and interested in building, mechanics, technology and robotics."Read Full...
"My son achieved the target of the SAT result (1350) set for him by the Technion (Israel Institute of Technology) and, within hours, received his acceptance."Read Full...
"They are professional, engaged and caring and have managed to continue to tutor him through tight schedules imposed by boarding school life and a heavy sporting schedule."Read Full...
Tharina and Jaco HattinghParent
"Genius provided a total package that can be summed up in one word, exceptional... Thank you Genius, you helped Carel immensely."Read Full...
"We are relocating to the UK, the Genius team were efficient and wasted no time in developing a short term plan to addresses the immediate requirement of completing the entrance tests"Read Full...
"Our family used the services of Genius for our High School son and we were very happy with the service received. They came highly recommended and I would recommend them to others as well."Read Full...
"Partnering with Genius was the best investment we could have made. The tutor assigned to us is amazing... It was encouraging to meet a young lady who gets along very well with our girls."Read Full...
"We signed our child up with Genius at the beginning of 2015. The service offered is one of a kind as it is extremely interactive and personalised to each individual child."Read Full...
"Our daughter was in Grade 7 and had aspects of maths that she didn't understand. We were impressed at how thorough Genius was at investigating & effectively correcting these gaps."Read Full...
"The level of tutoring at Genius is excellent. We will continue to use Genius and are very happy with their service. Highly recommended!"Read Full...
"Thanks Genius for assisting me in my preparations for my SAT's. Seeing that it was a fairly tough task to prepare for the exams, I wouldn't have known where to start if it wasn't for Dean."Read Full...
"I found Genius Specialised Education of a very high standard. It was a great and easy experience working with my tutor and most importantly my marks for Afrikaans improved."Read Full...
"This is a super place with genuine people pulling the strings. An experienced, caring team supports students through some of school's most difficult periods with great results!"Read Full...
"We are a tuition centre based in Fourways and we employ many tutors in different subjects across different work programmes. Genius has excellent tutors in their area’s of study."Read Full...
"We highly recommend Genius. The tutors have been excellent. They are professional and highly skilled in their academic areas."Read Full...