We ensure that your kid passes their entrance tests, and arrives at their new school knowing everything their peers know.
Your needs are assessed:
- Student Profile; Study habits, routines, interests and learning style. This entails both an in-depth qualitative and detailed quantitative review of the student’s scholastic career up to that point.
- Your Target Syllabus; We review your target syllabus to determine what outcomes you need to have mastered by the ‘move date’ in order to ensure a smooth transition.
- Mock Exam and Diagnostics; Following the initial family interview, the student will write skills-based assessments at the correct level in the target syllabus at our assessment centre. These exams are then carefully analysed to determine the specific subsections that the student either hasn’t been taught, or hasn’t been able to translate to the new framework.
Then we fill in the gaps:
- We select a mentor from our team of tutors. It is crucial for a student to ‘like’ their tutor and look forward to the lessons.
- The trained tutor comes to the house for high-impact one-on-one lessons where they actually teach the ideas and concepts.
- We set structured homework for the student to do in between lessons. When it comes to learning, practice is key.
- We use projects, experiments, and practical demonstrations to excite the student and pique their interest.
- The student sits regular mock tests so that they can practice the skills under exam conditions, and we can monitor progress and increase their confidence.
- We supervise, guide and support the programme to ensure a great result.
“It’s easier to keep up than to catch up…”
Over the last 28 years, we are proud to have helped students transitions to school systems in countries such as:
- United Kingdom
- The United States
- New Zealand
- United Arab Emirates
And many others.
Do you want the experts on your team?
Moving to the UK?
Click here for an overview of the educational landscape in the UK and the challenges you will face when relocating your children to a school in the UK.
Ursula moved her two daughters to the UK in 2018:
Dear Marique and Dean,
It is with pleasure that I write this testimonial.
We started working with Genius at the end of 2018. We are relocating to the UK, and our children had to write entrance tests at a number of London schools. Genius assisted in performing a “gap” assessment of the SA curriculum vs the UK curriculum.
They then assessed the children and spent time with the children’s South African teachers in order to prepare a detailed and thorough study and tuition plan. The programme was intense as we only had a short time to prepare.
The Genius team were efficient and wasted no time in developing a short term plan to addresses the immediate requirement of completing the entrance tests. The children were successful in receiving a number of school offers. Since then, we have continued a study programme to focus on some of those sections of the UK syllabus that are not covered in South Africa.
The Genius team are thorough and spend time fully assessing your requirements before putting a study plan into place. This pre-planning definitely assists in making the Genius programme bespoke and efficient as it is tailored to your specific needs. The Genius team have a very good knowledge of the difference and similarities between the South Africa and UK school curriculum.
The Genius tutors are also professional and knowledgeable on their respective subjects. They have all worked well under challenging circumstances and made every effort to get the best out of the children and assist the children in improving on those subject areas that required improvement. The Genius team have made lessons fun yet focused and disciplined.
Detailed feedback is provided after each lesson which focuses on how lessons went and what any concerns or next steps might be. The Genius team do require that homework be completed in order to assist in reinforcing principles taught.
My children have enjoyed working with the Genius team, and we wouldn’t hesitate in recommending their services.
Head-Investor Relations at Investec Ltd.